Check your Registration
Check Registration Status
Change Voting Address
Register to Vote
In order to register to vote, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a United States citizen
- You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the Run-Off Election.
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You must not be serving a sentence of confinement in any penal institution as a result of a conviction.
- You may not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE April 2nd ELECTION ENDS March 17th
Yes, you may use an IL state ID and/or IL driver’s license that lists your old address to register at your new address.
Register to Vote!
You may register at any polling place before April 2nd.
On election day, you must register at your polling place.
In addition to meeting the requirements above, you must present two forms of identification – one must be a photo ID and one must prove your address
- Passport or Military ID
- College/University/School/Work ID
- Vehicle registration card
- Lease, mortgage or deed to home
- Credit or debit card
- Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid card
- Insurance card
- Civic, union or professional membership card
- LINK/Public Aid/Department of Human Services card
- Illinois FOID card
Examples of mail addressed to voter that can be used as ID:
- Bill, Transcript or Report Card from School
- Bank Statement, Pay Stub or Pension Statement
- Utility, Medical or Insurance Bill
- Official mail from any government agency